Chef Tutor, Sevinҁ spends much of the year in Gümüşlük where she runs a beach side gourmet restaurant (sogansarmisak.net). Sevinc returns to the UK for a few months every year to spend time with family and teach people how to prepare Turkish food. Processed foods, including canned and frozen ingredients, do not cross the threshold of her restaurant because she believe that food should be consumed as close to its natural state as possible.
Mezes come in all shapes and forms and the list goes on and on, because, traditionally, Turkish mezes were eaten, accompanied by Raki (similar to Uzo) and music, for hours and hours.
- Dolma – vine leaves or peppers stuffed with rice, pine nuts, currants, spices (Vegan)
- Carrot mezze – with garlic yoghurt (V)
- Circassian Chicken – cold chicken dish with walnut and bread sauce
- Red lentil fingers – with bulghur and spices (Vegan)
- Fried aubergines with tomato sauce and feta cheese (V/Vegan without cheese)
In this class you will learn to prepare a variety of meze. You will enjoy a lunch and final meze meal of the food prepared. We will serve raki, wine, beer or a non-alcoholic alternative with the main meal.