SUMMER SPECIAL – two for one for bookings made after 28.05.2019. Only one booking per customer. Please leave a note when booking and the name/e-mail address of the person joining you.
More and more of us are struggling to keep a balance within our lives, whether it be work or family related or a combination of both, and it can be very difficult to cope with the stress of cooking and feeding ourselves and others. Cooking from scratch is the ideal that most of us aspire to, yet the reality in these modern times is that busy and challenging life gets in the way, and it can be a very daunting prospect.
I aim to show a way of shopping and stocking your kitchen to make life easier and economical when it comes to preparing simple nutritious meals, and will show you how to plan menus that are achievable. My recipes are vegetarian and vegan, but can be adapted for gluten free and also for those who want to include meat and fish in their diet. We will cover recipes and ideas for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner.
- Overnight Mixed Grain Bircher Muesli or Porridge- a ‘mix it all together and leave in the fridge’ satisfying breakfast
- Baked Fruit Compote– spiced seasonal stone fruit that is good for both breakfast and dessert
- Simple Soothing Miso Ramen Soup– with edamame beans, greens, and buckwheat soba noodles. My instant ‘Pot Noodle’ packed lunch alternative
- Feel good Bread and Dips– quick easy whole grain soda bread with root veg based dips ie. beetroot hummus and roasted squash and pumpkin seed pate
- Vegetable Koftas– a ‘universal mix’ of tinned pulses, nuts and vegetables that can be flavoured in various ways and shaped differently to serve in different ways ie. veggie balls/koftas or burgers
- Super Slaw– colourful mix of red cabbage with mixed root veg, citrus, herbs and seeds that compliments just about any meal
- Tomato Pepper Stew– a universal stew base to keep you going through the week that can be transformed into 3 or 4 different meals just by adding a couple more ingredients ie. Italian Cannellini Bean and Kale Pasta, Shakshuka with Baked Eggs, Aubergine and Chickpea Tagine, Sweet Potato Soup
- Quinoa– super nutritious and delicious with turmeric, herbs and toasted nuts
- Chocolate brownies– with less sugar and fat but all the deliciousness of a proper treat