SUMMER SPECIAL – two for one for bookings made after 28.05.2019. Only one booking per customer. Please leave a note when booking and the name/e-mail address of the person joining you.
We don’t object to carbs but there is more to Italian cooking than pizza and pasta. Mariella teaches an incredible range of Italian classes at the food school and we’ve selected recipes from each of these that don’t include pasta or white flour. A colourful, tasty feast incorporating Venetian Cicchetti (Venetian tapas), Roman flavours and the colour of the Amalfi coast awaits you. Like other Mediterranean cuisines, the Italian diet can be great for health and wellbeing if you learn how to use the pulses, a variety of colourful veg, fish, herbs and alternative grains like polenta. Mariella’s style of teaching can only be described as quintessentially Italian. You will prepare recipes in pairs and groups and
- Zucca in Saor – sweet and sour squash
- Baccala Mantecato con Polenta – a classic Venetian tapas served with polenta rather than bread
- Sicilian fish stew – all the flavours of the Mediterranean in a nourishing tomato broth
- Polpetinne – mini-vegetarian/meatballs
- Parmigiana di Melanzane – a Neapolitan aubergine dish
- Fried artichokes & courgette flowers
- Easy and fresh pestos
- Delicious pannacotta and strawberry sorbet
You will enjoy lunch and a final meal of the food prepared. Wine/non-alcoholic alternatives will be served.