Chef Tutor, Les Rennie, has been fortunate to work in some exceptional Michelin star kitchens in the UK and USA. He has worked with some of the most fearsome chefs in the industry. Les won his first Michelin star (to name only one) at the Relais and Chateaux property (Ynyshir Hall) in 2002. He enjoys training new chefs and watching them move on to winning their own stars.
We are proud to host a complete series of pastry classes (beginner, intermediate and advanced) to support those of you who are as passionate about pastry as Les. We also hope some of you might be inspired to set-up your own Patisserie in Birmingham.
During the Beginner’s Masterclass Les will cover a selection of skills listed below. A sample menu follows.
- Polenta tarts with lemon and raspberry
- Pink peppercorn and cardamom meringues
- Classical pastry cream and custards
- Orange panacotta
- My mum’s cranberry/sultana and plain scones
- Blueberry pancakes with maple syrup
Skills covered example–
- Pastry making-top tips
- Tart lining and baking
- Soft and gooey meringues that work every time
- How not to split homemade crème anglaise
- Baking-temperatures and consistency
- Equipment- what you do and don’t need
Please note that this is a full day masterclass.
You will need to bring takehome boxes. Cardboard cake boxes will be available for £1.50 on order.
Refreshments are served on arrival and a buffet lunch will be provided with a glass of wine or alternative.