This class is ideal for those of you that enjoy eating in ‘gastro pubs’ and want to learn how to create a similar food experience for friends and family. Modern British Cooking is all about using excellent ingredients and simplicity. You will learn to add a twist to traditional British classics. Chef Tutor, Charlotte Pike, developed the ’20 mile supper club’ concept – ingredients are sourced from reputable, sustainable suppliers within 20 miles. Each season we will prepare a starter, main and side followed by a dessert. The menu will of course be adapted for vegetarians and those with other dietary restrictions.
- Beer battered fish goujons with tartare sauce (the image is of class participants preparing this)
- Roasted garlic colcannon to accompany pork tenderloin with watercress sauce
- Gooseberry or raspberry fool
- Cropwell Bishop, pear and candied walnut salad
- Pan fried venison with caramelised apples and beetroot & Seasonal side vegetables (or a vegetarian alternative)
- Hazelnut Meringue roulade with seasonal fruit and raspberry coulis
The menu will reflect the seasons and we will serve English wine with a final meal of the food prepared.