It’s a wonderful experience to sit around a table tearing bread and sharing a selection of dips, salads and starters. This is what the Mezze experience is about. In this hands-on cooking class you will learn to prepare a selection of tapas from the following
- Baba Ganoush – grilled and mashed aubergine dip
- Labneh – strained yoghurt served with herbs
- The Perfect Humus
- Ful Medames – using British fava beans
- Lamb Kofta – with a mint dressing
- Chicken kebab – marinated in a yoghurt dressing
- Moist herb falafal
- Fatoush, fatteh and tabbouleh
You will be introduced to a variety of herbs and flavours used in Middle Eastern cooking and we will offer tips on where to shop for key ingredients including Za-atr, sumac, good olive oil, tahini etc.
The session will end with a meal of the food prepared, Lebanese wine or a non-alcoholic alternative and sweet treats. We will purchase Afghan flat bread (Naan-e Afghani) from the Persian shop on Hagley Road which is prepared in a big stone oven to eat with the Mezze. We will demonstrate how to make simple home-made flat bread so you can try this at home!