This course will appeal to anyone experiencing time pressure on their daily life. Tom will cover a number of healthy, tasty, balanced meals you can prepare in 10, 20 and 30 minutes. You will also be offered top-tips on batch cooking and storage to minimise the time spent cooking and cleaning in the kitchen each week. A number of recipes will be covered and a shopping list for store cupboard essentials will be provided. One of our key aims is to avoid using too much kitchen equipment because part of the fun of learning to cooking conveniently is not having to spend a lot of time at the kitchen sink. It is worth noting that basic cooking skills are required even to cook conveniently – we will cover the skills during the session depending upon the ability of participants from opening cans to better knife skills. Michelin trained Chef Tutor, Tom, is skilled at teaching people with zero cooking skills as well as those who have experience and want develop their skills further. Tom is passionate about avoiding food waste and cooking sustainability. This Masterclass includes both lunch and a final meal of the food prepared. A glass of wine is served with both meals. Please bring boxes to take home leftovers.
- Roasted squash & chickpea curry (squash, chickpeas, onion, garlic) (30mins total)
- Easy braised rice (30mins)
- Lasagne w/ creme fraiche & aubergine (30mins)
- Chorizo & veg frittata (chorizo, peppers, onions, courgettes) (10mins plus ribbon salad)
- Pesto – Parsley, basil, walnuts, cheese (10mins)
- Break down whole chicken & utilise (2 hours to prepare multiple recipes)
- Chicken soup with thighs (prepare stock and soup with mushroom and tarragon)
- Stuffed chicken breast – (stuff chicken with pesto and spinach)
- Marinated wings & drumsticks (marinated in yoghurt, tandoori, cumin, paprika)
- Cous cous salad w/ poached salmon, red onion, coriander, cherry tomatoes, lime, seeds, turmeric (30min
Shaleen (Food School Founder and registered nutritionist) will be on hand to answer nutrition related concerns (e.g. ‘I don’t have time to cook and think I lack protein!’ or ‘I skip meals because of work and so I feel low in energy’) – be sure to e-mail your concerns/requests for information following booking.